Saturday, September 24, 2016

Fall Ramblings


Autumn is here again. My favorite season. I love to sit on the sofa, watching the trees shed their leaves of brown, red, gold, and reflect. 

This is my forth Autumn with these trees. They mean a lot to me. It started in June 2013 (the summer I earned Gambler though I didn't know it yet). There was a lot of uncertainty in my life. I was caught in a new beginning, which of course I didn't know at the time. Some days I would sit on the couch with a confused, nostalgic ache in my chest and find a strange comfort in the trees. I knew that no matter what happened in my life, the trees would still be there. The seasons would continue - a picture of God's consistency. 

I still watch the trees. This last summer, when anxiety put it's cold hands on my neck, I watched the trees. It gave me something solid to cling to. It is so easy to get caught up in work, school, drama, stress, money. Sometimes I need to just find a quiet place where I can let everything fade away. Then, while time is standing still and nothing can touch me, I find the things that matter. Gambler. Nature. Friends. My relationship with God. And everything else fades in comparison.

1 comment:

  1. Trees are powerful, aren't they? So are you if you already understand that & keep your heart grounded in what's most important. I hope, as challenging as this season of life is, you are finding happiness.

    ReplyDelete