Thursday, February 9, 2017

February Ramblings

Between classes, sitting in the most secluded place I can find, I have found a moment to write. Technically, I'm watching a 50-some minute youtube documentary on music so that I can write a review, but am I really going to waste a whole 50 minutes? Of course not! Time for one of my good ol' rambling posts. 

I love the university center, but sometimes it can be hard to find a place that isn't distracting. Especially now, as students assemble in the cafeteria, the atmosphere can be loud and overwhelming. I've become  an expert at finding a corner, or a nook, or a hideaway to escape the dissonance. I don't mind people, given I can enjoy their company from a distance. As a social person, I can become lonely after only a few hours of solitude. But as an introvert, noisy crowds can be tiring.

On the other hand, I can spend hours with Gambler and feel completely at ease. 

Not that I've been doing that lately. 

Time management has never been my strong point. I am a chronic procrastinator. Honestly, I love learning. Studying, writing, memorizing - all interests and strengths of mine. Still, I procrastinate. Why? I don't know. Maybe I convince myself that the homework is more difficult than it really is?

Compared to elementary, middle, and high school, I'm managing time better than I ever have. I'm taking 17 credits, working 30+ hours a week, and trying to balance Gambler, household chores, homework, sleep, church, and friends with the remaining ninety-one hours. 

To be clear - I'm not complaining! I love the challenge.

Over J-term, all of the empty free time left me bored and listless. And that while working 40 hours! It's exciting to have a life that is so full, but I have to make sure I discipline myself and use my time as fruitfully as possible. Falling behind, even a little, soon snowballs into disaster. 

All that to say, never fear, Gambler updates are on their way!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are adjusting nicely to college life and additional responsibilities- can't wait to see updates about the greyboy!

    ReplyDelete