Sunday, February 5, 2017

Second Semester

I'm not sure how to start blog posts anymore. 

Not that I haven't been writing - I'm always writing. But I haven't been writing to this audience, or about these topics, for some time. It's awkward and unfamiliar. 

Gambler is settling in well at the new barn. For the last few weeks he has been in quarantine, but we'll probably release him into the regular pasture sometime next week. 

I don't have many pictures yet, for a number of reasons. First, usually when I go out to the barn it is by myself, so there isn't anyone to take pictures. Second, I'm still finding the best times to visit the barn. Third, I haven't actually mentioned the blog to the new barn owners yet. At first I wasn't going to . . . but I don't feel comfortable posting pictures of their property publicly without some sort of approval. I guess we'll see how that turns out. Anyone want to share their positions? Do you ask the barn owners or just leave it unmentioned?

2 comments:

  1. I've left things unspoken for 6 years now! I don't use names or exact locations and it's been fine. I also make a point of never telling their story or putting words in their mouth. In fact, by and large I don't mention them at all. My blog is my story to tell, I don't need to tell other folks' stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input. I definitely wasn't planning on using names or giving out the location, so it'll probably be fine. I don't think any of the pictures of Gambler will give too much away about the facilities anyway. So I think I'll just let it be.

      Delete