Tuesday, July 19, 2016

The Simple Things

"I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all."
~Laura Ingalls Wilder

Since I've been working in the evenings, I have most of the day to enjoy however I choose. Of course I spend that time doing responsible things like cleaning, registering for college, and memorizing lines.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Okay, sometimes I do those things (I really should do them today), but I spend most of my time enjoying this incredible summer weather. I've changed my perspective and now I can't stop soaking in the beautiful little things all around me. I have been taking long walks whenever I can, soaking in the sun and searching for lovely simple treasures.

I have wandered through summer rainstorms.






I have observed the clouds sailing across the sky








I discovered a friend at the barn.


I climbed a tree (or two).


I visited a park with friends.



Earlier this summer I was overwhelmed by a constant claustrophobic feeling. Just looking at my messy room (still messy) or crowded inbox (still crowded), made the air thick and stale. But when I am outside I feel completely at ease. It's like my mind can breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment