Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

I thought about making some New Year's resolutions for Gambler and myself, but decided against it. I have goals and plans for Gambler already. I don't need more. If there is anything Gambler has taught me, it is that goals are never concrete. When push comes to shove, I'm on his time schedule.

I saw Gambler just long enough to pick out his feet. He and Kezi had already been fed and turned out to pasture with hay so I just haltered him while he was eating. I tossed the lead rope over his back and picked up his feet. He let me pick out all four like that. That shows definite improvement. Right now I want him to let me set his foot back on the ground. Gambler would rather put his own foot down. In itself, it's not a big deal, but it's a power thing. I know from past experience that Gamby will take every once of control I give him, so we will continue to work on this until he finally gives in.




No comments:

Post a Comment