Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Still Alive

Hey!

I haven't posted in ten whole days.

And

I've only posted three times this year.

But I am still alive.

My horsey activities are still on hold. Partly due to the cold and partly due to car troubles. But that's okay! In truth, these twenty days have been some of the best days in a long time. I'm beginning the last semester of high school and many things are finally coming together.

Since getting Gambler I have grown so much as a person. God has used this little horse to challenge me on multiple levels. Gamby is an Arab cross, which means he is highly sensitive and energetic. He doesn't think twice about taking advantage of my insecurities. I've learned to put my fears away and take a stand for what I believe is right, whether I'm standing up to my horse or other people or even myself. At the same time, I've learned not to get overconfident or cocky. No matter how many plans I make, something will happen to throw everything off.

I've seen a difference in myself this school year, which I believe is due to my experiences with Gambler. I have the confidence to open up to people and appreciate the friendships of these last four months, to dare to try jump at new (and risky) opportunities. But I also have the humility (at least I'm working on it) to take a step back, and realize that my plans for this semester aren't the be all and end all of my life. There is a big picture, and right now I'm trying to be content to see where God is taking me.

2 comments:

  1. Horses are great for that. Looking forward to reading all about your future plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete