Sunday, May 1, 2016

Grooming Session

I have always loved grooming. Some people hate it, rushing to finish or doing a sloppy job. There is a time for skimping out on the grooming process, but I like to take my time whenever I can. There are many pros to grooming your horse on a regular basis. First, the more familiar you are with your horse's body, the sooner you will catch injuries. Second, it is a good way to teach a horse to stand still and enjoy your company while respecting your space. Third, only regular grooming will yield a shiny coat. Lastly, it builds a bond with your horse. Gambler knows that almost every time I bring him in we are either going to work, or play high-energy games. So I like to just groom him, or hang out with him for a while, just to show him that I won't always demand something from him.

On Thursday, Gambler came into the barn spooky and soaking wet. 

Before
After
Before
After
Before
After
A couple of useful tools
Wet, muddy hair galore!
Guess where Gambler and Kezi ran off to when we let them out.

The horse-eating-trees of course!
"Who me?"
Until they decided to head out to the far pasture.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, grooming is very enjoyable to them. I need to do just that more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - don't you just love the taste of horsehair?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, there nothing quite like it. :P

    ReplyDelete