Friday, April 29, 2016

Spring Rains

I love, love, love rainy hazy days. Spring has arrived in this part of the world, bringing my favorite weather with it. Many people find rainy days gloomy and depressing, but I relish in them. There is something about a good rainy day that fills the very air with energy. I love the way that the rain or mist conceals things far away, or changes the way light hits them. It makes you look at everyday things in a different light - literally and figuratively. 



Weather like this reveals layers where you don't expect them. What was once is now three-dimensional. What seemed simple in the sunlight carries a new complexity in the layers of grey. 




And this our life, exempt from public haunt, 
Finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks,
Sermons in stones, and good in everything.
I would not change it.
~ from As You Like It by William Shakespeare



















2 comments:

  1. This is where we differ. I was beginning to think it was creepy how much alike we seem to be, but I finally found something we are different about lol. I can't stand rainy, gray days. I love the sunshine and blues skies. That probably has a lot to do with my vitamin d deficiency though because I remember liking rain when I was a kid. Part of my dislike for rain though is the mud. Ugh. I do like fog though. It's really mysterious and fun to take pictures in. :) I love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well now it isn't creepy!

      Thank you, I love taking pictures, especially of weather.

      Delete