Sunday, November 15, 2015

Another Day

Today when we pulled up to the barn Gamble and Kezi were running around in the arena like crazy. I think Kezi may be in heat. When they saw us they took off running to the far pasture. I couldn't see them at all while I closed off the arena from the pasture and set everything up. Then they reappeared on the top of the hill where they grazed and watched Mom and I walk all the way across the pasture to get them.






I played the circling game with Gambler as a refresher and a warm up. I was impressed by how well he responded to a slight amount of pressure. The canter takes more energy, but he still did better than he has in the past. 




I spent a lot of time on Gambler's feet too. He is improving every day. 

The rest of the session was dedicated to mounting prep. Gambler will now stand still while I stand on the mounting block, rub his back, press down on his back, and lay over his back. He still moves around when I jump up on him sideways, but he'll figure it out with time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment