Monday, November 16, 2015

November Rain


It is one of those days. One of those days when I just want to hang out with my horse. It has been a long day. A long weekend actually. I was telling one of my fellow students this morning that the week is like my weekend. I'm so busy Friday through Sunday that I don't have time to reflect on everything that has happened until Monday. 

Right now the rain is falling as it has since about nine o'clock this morning. It is supposed to rain tomorrow too. I hope it doesn't, but I know now that even if it does, Gambler and I can still play with the saddle and the bridle and the cross ties and the bridle etc. etc. etc. I am so thankful for the weather this November. I've heard rumors of a mild winter for months, but now I'm starting to believe it. It's halfway through November and it only snowed once. And that was in October. Snow isn't so bad for playing or working with horses (as long as it is fluffy and not too deep), but the cold makes life much harder for the rider. 

I forgot to mention that yesterday we took out the measuring tape again. Apparently Gambler hasn't gotten any taller, but he has bulked up quite a bit. He isn't as fat as he was in September, but he is a little pudgy. It's probably a good thing going into winter. I'm glad he is a little bigger, but I would love it if he grew a couple inches. I know it isn't likely, but I'm holding on hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment