Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Doldrums

I'm sorry that I haven't written in a while. Winter has me a little down. I love sunlight and while I know that the sun is still shining behind the clouds (I'm gagging on cliche-ness right now), I still find it hard to be cheerful on a cold, grey, and gloomy day.

Monday was exciting. I got home from school and received a phone call from the barn owner saying that Gambler was colicking again, and it was more serious than the last time. Of course, I start freaking out, with a thousand worse-case scenarios rushing through my mind. We arrived at the barn, and went through the typical motions. Walking, waiting for the vet, pumping mineral oil, etc. In the end, he was okay. He pooped and perked up, so everything is okay. It sure gave me a scare though.

My wonderful friend Arianna came out to the barn with me and stayed through the whole thing. It was entirely last minute and we both were freezing our faces off, but it was good to have her there. I'm so blessed to have friends like her to rely on when I need them.

I didn't bring the camera, which in retrospect would have been a good idea, no matter what the outcome of the night, but obviously I was a tad bit distracted. I did get a few pictures on Arianna's phone after it Gambler was out of the danger zone.




I got out to see him yesterday afternoon. I didn't stay for long, because I had plans for the evening (Mockingjay part II was just as depressing as I expected), but I spent some time just relaxing with him in his stall while he was eating. I also took many pictures of my very-much-alive horse. I am especially thankful for my horse this thanksgiving. 











3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving!! I'm very happy to see him in good health again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving!! I'm very happy to see him in good health again. :)

    ReplyDelete