Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Leave It To Gambler

Today was rainy from the get go. It was raining when I woke up and I don't think it stopped sprinkling all day. I wasn't expecting to get much done with Gambler, because I didn't know what the weather or footing would be like at the barn. I figured that I could at least play the seven games or groom him in the cross-ties.


As soon as we got to the barn Mom took Kezi for her daily walk. Kezi and Gambler were both quite riled up. I wasn't surprised, it is a rainy, wet, slightly windy spring day. The kind of day that usually puts horses on edge. Not to mention that Kezi has been mostly stuck in a stall while she recuperates and Gambler is in general a wackadoodle.

He looks pretty calm. Under the trees too.
Nevermind . . . 








Then, in the middle of galloping across the pasture, Gambler decided to roll.



Then he sat there for a while.
Looking attractive there buddy.
And he's back at it again.






Then Mom brought Kezi into the yard to graze and Gambler (who at this point had really worked himself into a playful frenzy) started sizing up the fence. I sadly put away the camera and gave him his hay. Funny how easily Gambler's affection can be bought. I brought him into the barn and brushed most of the dirt off. I asked Mom to get some conformation pictures. She took a pic of one side, but I couldn't get him to stand still and face the other direction. While trying to find a flat area where he would stand still, I caught sight of the distraction.

And he looks butt-high, which is why we didn't take the conformation pics here. 

A beaver! Mom took some really good pictures of it. 



Meanwhile, in the barn:


"Did. You. See. That. Thing."
"Can you let me out? I wanna play with it. Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease?!?!?!"
"I NEED to play with it. It looks friendly. Very friendly. I'm lonely. I never get any attention. Pleeeeease may I make a new friend?"
This from the horse that is afraid of wind. 

5 comments:

  1. Lol. Irish loses his mind if horses go down the road. However, we had a bull come to visit and he was as calm as could be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kezi walks down that road everyday, so you think Gamby would be used to it by now!

      Delete
  2. LOL!!! A beaver! That is so cool! Those are great pictures. :)

    Gambler is so gorgeous! Even if he is butt high right now don't worry about it. He still has a LOT of growing to do. When I look back at pictures I'm blown away at how gangly and young Chrome looked at that age compared to how solid he is now.

    Oh and I LOVE the sitting pictures. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the sitting pictures too, I was so glad to get them. It was the funniest thing, he just stopped in the middle of a gallop, laid down, sat up, and continued on with his gallop.

      Delete