Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Pony Preening

I'm giving Gambley the week off, at least until Saturday, to get the colic completely out of his system. It rained today, so I couldn't do much anyway. Right now Gambler is on this stuff (I know, I'm lame, but I have no idea how to spell it!) that moves the sand through him so he doesn't colic again. The best part (cough cough sarcasm) is that he has decided he won't eat it unless he is hand-fed. Honestly, I really don't mind.  I don't normally give him treats or anything, so I was pretty impressed with his hand-feeding manners. Some horses will just about eat your entire hand, but Gambler was very gentle and only lipped up the grain. Afterwards he kept licking his lips like a dog eating peanut butter. It was so cute!


What a spoiledy-rotten pony!

Dusty muzzle

This stuff tastes weird, Mom.

Since we weren't going to do any serious work (or play) I put him in the cross-ties and groomed him half to death. After brushing him, I combed his mane and tail. I haven't combed out his tail in the entire time I've owned him, so I figured today was as good a time as any. 

Before

After

Lookin' Gorgeous

Perky ears!!

Of course, I had to take even more pictures of my beautiful, healthy pony in his stall. 



No comments:

Post a Comment