Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Summer's End

This summer has been very eventful for Gambler and I. We have come very far together. The whole experience has been wonderful. Our journey is not even close to over, but sadly, this summer is.

Two days ago I started my senior year of high school. It is so strange to be a senior; I still feel like a sophomore. School has it's pros and cons like everything else in life. I really want to enjoy this year, since it is my last year of high school. However, it is hard to enjoy anything that takes time away from your passion; in my case, horses and writing. So far, it isn't too bad. I'm not taking very many classes, so there isn't a lot of homework. Some of the classes even relate directly to one of my future career paths: writing. But no matter how fun school is, I only have twelve hours of daylight and school takes up seven of them.

I still plan on riding Gambler as soon as he is ready. He has accepted the saddle and the girth. When I feel that he is comfortable and ready for a new challenge I will introduce him to my weight. Honestly, right now I would be content to just sit in the pasture with him. I haven't seen Gambley since Sunday, and I'm definitely feeling it.

Here are some pictures from our first five months together: March 2015-September 2015.

Looking Gorgeous!

Eat that tarp.

This is the first time I put the bareback pad on him.

/
Tarp? Why not

One of his better jumps

No comments:

Post a Comment