Thursday, September 17, 2015

Rainy Day

It stormed most of the day today, so I was unable to do any serious work (or play) with Gambler today. Of course, I still went out to see him. I couldn't possibly give up the opportunity to see my horse. Even six months later, I cannot wrap my mind around the fact that I have my own horse. I love him so much.



Since we couldn't go out to the arena, I spent some time grooming Gambley in the cross-ties. I know I've said it before, but I am so proud of how far he has come in the last six months. I could be discouraged that six months later I'm still unable to ride him, but that's not what matters. It's the little things that show me how far we've progressed together. The little things like standing in the cross-ties without moving all over the place, standing calmly in the aisle as I clip the cross-ties on, not freaking out when I walk away to grab the camera, not climbing the walls when I fly-spray him, not having a panic attack when scary geese fly over. We have a bond. He trusts me. That means so much more to me than any fancy show horse could.  


I took the time to comb his mane. Doesn't it look beautiful? There is one place where a poorly fitting blanket rubbed his mane off (before I got him), but the rest of his mane is thick and gorgeous. 



This is his, "Mom protect me from the scary birds!" face. 

The scary birds.


No comments:

Post a Comment