Saturday, October 3, 2015

1 Day-2 Posts (Part 1)

Yes, I am a lazy blogger who didn't post an update on Thursday like I should have. In my defense, I've been trying to get to bed early which reduces the amount of free time I have in the afternoons. Today I will make up for my lack of content by posting two updates. Right now I'm going to fill everyone in on Thursday, then I'm going out to see Gambler and I'll post again sometime this afternoon.



On Thursday Kezi was still in heat and Gambley was still being a hyper-energetic dork, so I decided to continue channeling his energy into jumping and trot poles. He did a much better job of trotting over the trot poles instead of jumping them.







After Gambler started to slow down, lower his head, and pick up his feet, I added the small cross rail that he jumped last time I was playing with him. He mostly trotted over it (my horse is so confused), but partially jumped it a couple of times. 




He really didn't want to jump over the jump because it was so small, so I used the buckets to make a vertical. It worked pretty well, except the pole kept falling off  the buckets if the wind blew too hard or he brushed them at all. Here is a video of him knocking over the vertical.



 Since the buckets weren't working so well, I set up a much bigger cross rail with two barrels. Gambler had no problem with this jump. Here is a video of the barrel cross rail. 


To finish off the day, I did a little of the circling game and discovered that if I give the right cues, Gambler has an adorable slow trot. I can't wait to ride it! Here is a quick video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment