Sunday, October 18, 2015

A Funny Thing

Do you remember the highlight of my summer? I mentioned it in my very first post and then uploaded video proof a few days later. I was so excited. I could hardly believe that after only a few months my horse would circle at liberty.

After that I started playing games with him, making our time together fun and challenging so that we both enjoyed ourselves. Do you remember that? Do you remember the stick-to-me game that Gambler would play with me at liberty?

If you remember then you're ahead of me. Sometimes I wonder what's wrong with me. I know that owning a horse is all about the relationship and that if I ever want to do amazing things with Gambler I have to form that bond of trust with him. But time and time again I get so caught up in deadlines and comparing myself to everyone else that I miss what is right in front of me: my horse. My dream-come-true.

Today, when I go out to see Gambler, my goal isn't to work on getting him ready to be ridden, or to set the whole riding thing aside to goof off, but to play the games that horses play with each other and remind us both of the bond of trust that we once had.

No comments:

Post a Comment