Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Our Journey in Pictures (50th post)

Since I did something special for my 25th post, I am going to do something different for my 50th post as well. While looking back over old photos, I was again overwhelmed by how much Gambler has changed over the last few months. I could go on and on forever about how proud I am of him and how far we've come, but I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

April 2015
Our first pictures together, at his old barn. 

Gambler and I after he got his eye sewed up, but before the drugs wore off. 

First pictures at his new barn!

Sleepy snuggles. 

Just look at how little and cute he is!

May 2015
Lateral flexion

Trying to teach Gamby the circling game.

The day Gambler met Sweetheart.

The day we introduced Gambler to his little purple ball. 

June 2015
Our circling game breakthrough: circling around the barrel.


One of the first days that Gambler really "got" the circling game.

First bit of liberty work?

Playing the friendly game. He's not tense at all.

More liberty first steps.

The first tarp.

The first jump attempt, aka the day I realized ropes and jump standards don't mix.

The first time I put the bareback pad on him.

First time I asked Gambler to jump something. 

More fun with tarps.

Forequarter yields.

Hindquarter yields.

July 2015
Introducing the close-contact saddle. 

Fun with the big blue ball. 

The exercises the chiropractor told me to do for Gambley's one-sidedness. 


August 2015
Gambler decided he was afraid of his shadow
Putting the western saddle on for the first time.


August was when Gambler and I had our liberty breakthrough (video here). 

September 2015
We spent a lot of time getting used to the western getup.

We also had a lot of fun with liberty. 

Gambler learned to canter on line. 

I took Gambler for a walk after he recuperated from a bout with colic.

The saddle wasn't always okay  . . .

October 2015
Ground poles to improve topline.


Mounting prep begins!

Jumping at liberty.

More mounting prep.
This month - two days ago to be exact - I properly sat on my horse for the first time! It's been a long six months, but I can't wait to see what God has in store for us.

1 comment:

  1. An amazing journey you have ahead of for yourself. You have done a lot of great work.

    ReplyDelete